Monday, July 1, 2013

Getting caught up


Last night I got to bed at 8pm.  It was so nice to get to bed early.  I planned to get up at 4am and head out to Pineview this morning.

On the way over Trappers Loop I barely saw a cyclist off to the side of the road.  He was wearing black, wasn't wearing any reflective gear with no lights on.  It was 0530 at the time and the shoulder on that road is about 12 inches wide.  Crazy!  He's gonna get himself killed!

Got there just before the sun came up.  I was able to get to the dam buoys before it finally popped up over the mountains.

 It was a great swim.  Did two oversized Goody Laps to get a full 5 miles.  About 5 powerboats were all tied up together and just anchored in the very middle of the bay.  I stayed clear of them.  I never saw anybody on deck.  It was too early for them.

Water was glassy and again it was really nice to see the sun rise.  Felt great.  Fantastic morning.

Panorama shot
Total Distance: 5 miles in 2:39

I also passed the 500 mile mark for this year. USMS' GTD is sending me a new speedo. 

At this rate I'll pass my 1000 mile goal by the end of the year.  Bonus!

No comments: