Thursday, March 5, 2015

First swim post surgery

Yesterday's visit with the Physical Therapist was really encouraging.  My range of motion is improving and my pain is really low.  I noticed that the schedule said that I'm good to introduce "Pool Therapy" which I interpreted as the thumbs up for starting to get back in the water.

So last night I went to Rush and swam:

500 kick with fins
100 breast stroke

The Breast stroke was really pretty stiff at the start of the stroke.  Can't seem to get my right arm straight out ahead of me like my left one and it was starting to get painful.  I already put my shoulder through the ringer at the therapy session earlier in the day and I didn't want to overdo it, so I called it after 600 yards total.

The arches of my feet we cramping pretty bad at the kicking set.  The water was excruciatingly warm at the RUSH.  Didn't get a temp reading, but I'm guessing it was around 85.

Which by the way I'm officially a coach with the Syracuse Blue Fins.  Coaching the pre-comp team on Tue/Thu evenings.  My kids are also officially on the team which frees up my Tue/Thu mornings with them, so I can get in my workouts in the mornings now every day except Wednesday.

Excited to slowly build up my swimming back.  Seriously for the next month, I'll be swimming Grandpa style, but it's better than not getting in at all.

Total: 600 yards

No comments: