Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Birthday swim

This morning I met Chad at 24 hr at 3:30am for a birthday swim.  Here's the workout I put together and swam, but I had more on the workout that I did not swim because the shoulder was already painful and I felt I should stop before making it worse.

800 warmup
6 x 150’s free/stroke/free by 50
12 x 100’s free 1-4 on 1:45, 5 - 8 on 1:40, 9 - 12 on 1:35
1000 choice
400 pull + 400 easy

4,700 yards total

Disappointed that my shoulder is still giving me trouble.  Can't expect much when I don't work it.  I need to do more frequent swims of one hour instead of expecting my shoulder to perform 2 hr distances only once or twice a week.  Once the Rush team finally dies the end of this week, I'll get my Tuesday/Thursday's back and then I'll be able to train consistently.  Gotta remember not to fill in that space with other obligations.  It takes a very selfless person to coach as frequently as youth coaches do.  And at this point, while I'd love to help, my time available doesn't allow it.

I'm 43 years old and for the first time in my adult life.  I feel old.

No comments: